Central Standard Time (UTC-6)
Austin, TX, USA
Professionally, I use research and design to solve product and business problems, especially around:
- de-risking the use of emerging technologies through material exploration and prototyping; and
- de-risking early-stage feature and product development through user research, customer development, and participatory design.
I have a particular interest in research techniques as a foundation for observability of the entire product development process.
As of January 2022, I am actively seeking new opportunities in these areas. For more, please see my LinkedIn profile. This is a personal site.
Current hobby projects include:
- Seeing spaces, observability, indirect and performance approaches to Dynamicland, and tools for writing as overlays or layers
- Stereo photography, especially designing new digital stereo cameras, stereoscopes, and software
- Using vintage hardware as chassis for modern computers, and using modern computers as emulators for vintage software
- E-reader design
- Sustainable, long-term, personal archives
- Digitization, especially the potential for computational photography to bring casual digitization closer to archival digitization
- Updates to my past work to improve its access and visibility
For talk recordings, recent essays, and project findings, see my index at iioor.tv.
I respectfully acknowledge that
.io domains exist due to the forced expulsion of the inhabitants of the Chagos Achipelago between 1968 and 1973.